A few years ago we at PRO VITA Bucharest had the opportunity to meet a special person: priest Valentin Ştefan, from Giurgiu (a small town 60 km South of Bucharest). Together with his wife, Veronica, he took over the devastated building of a former orphanage from Slobozia commune and turned it into a modern social establishment, named after the Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel (details in English in this presentation page). Dozens of mothers with their children have been sheltered there ever since, the center being committed to protecting and reintegrating domestic violence victims.
In the autumn of 2012, a protocol of collaboration and partnership between PRO VITA Bucharest and the “Sts. Archangels” social establishment was signed.
The aim of this collaboration
PRO VITA Bucharest is focusing its activities on matters that are still insufficiently approached by the pro-life movement in Romania (advocacy, litigation, education and prevention, counseling, decision-making). Even if we are not accredited for social care services that involve offering shelter, we have always sustained important humanitarian projects, consisting of directly helping those in need. Moved by Father Valentin’s devotion, we decided to support him.
Achievements 2012-2020 – in figures
We know that God is not an accountant, for if He were, we would all be in a debt impossible to pay off; however, as mere humans, we must keep the financial records to which we are obliged by the law and in order to maintain good relations with our donors.
Of course, not everything we do can be quantified! Surely, our working and volunteering hours, the dedication to what we do, cannot be quantified. But figures are often important and reflect the results of our activity and how we use the resources which you so generously offered us.
Here are the contributions of the donors, managed by PRO VITA Bucharest, for the activity of the “St. Archangels” social establishment, as they are found in the financial statements of our organization for the years 2012-2020:
- Reconditioning and improvement of the heat distribution system and central heating system (2012-2013) – 50,000 lei
- Contribution for the new central heating system (2017/18) – 12,000 lei
- Heating fuel for 6 winters (2012-2017) – 75,248 lei
- Briquetting press (2019) – 27,900 lei
- Electricity bills (2014-2020) – 107,600 lei
- Solar panels – 16,500 lei
- Building materials for the animal shelter (2014-2015) – 26,340 lei
- Electrical power connection for the farm (2019) – 11,730 lei
- Baked bread – 11,083 lei
- Renovation of 8 bedrooms (2012-2013) – 3,000 lei
- Other building materials (2014) – 1,472 lei
SUM TOTAL: 342,868 LEI = approx. 70,500 EUR
Should you feel like caring for the same cause, please make a one-time or recurrent (monthly) donation to help our current activities. Click here to donate!